Old 12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Anthony E Anson

Default greenfly

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

I wash my African violets under the tap (tepid water not cold) to
rinse dust off their hairy leaves, and they don't seem to mind at all.
You can probably get rid of the greenfly after a few washes. Just let
the plants dry off out of the sun so the water drops don't make scorch
marks.

Scorch marks due to droplets of water is an old - er - partner's tale,
Janet. You cannot concentrate the sun's rays (either direct or diffused)
with a sphere or an hemisphere.

I remember Geoffrey Smith pointing that out on GQT ages ago, and
thinking about it, he was quite correct.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi