Old 12-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Horrors!

On Sun, 11 May 2003 15:53:55 -0700, "
wrote:

The more you say, the more I like the idea of nylon netting. Great idea.

I like it too, it's really nice. I'll cover my eggplant
plants up too: no flea-beatle damage! And my bush beans -
no Mexican bean-beatle damage! But I'll use it mainly for
the brassicas. Once I've got the chicken wire cylinders
made, I'll use them from year-to-year so it won't be as much
work in the following years.

It looks silly in the garden, though. My garden looks
pretty silly at the moment in any case: tire planters,
white nylon net, WalloWaters..... We're still a couple of
weeks before frost date here.

For complex reasons I won't go into here (involving a
high-jumping dog), we had to run a rope above the garden
fence, and we're hanging AOL (and other) junk CDs from the
rope.

My garden will be a work of 'garden art'. Or whatever.

The front yard (visible from the street) is - sad to say -
rather conventional-looking: oak tree, daffodils, day
lilies. I'll again have two flower boxes of petunias on the
front porch, and I'll have morning glories growing up the
front-porch pillars.

Pat