Old 12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
JCM

Default Spag. Sauce Canning Question

You might want to consider an inexpensive tomato press that I bought
about two years ago when I have an overabundance (not this year; lousy
luck!). I learned about it on this NG, I think. .

It's a little Italian press, bright red, adorable. I parboiled the
tomatoes and put them through. Machine caught peels and seeds
and just pulp came out. Place in jars, process, bingo! No pain no
strain.

Source: Gardener's Supply Co. 133 Elm Street
Winooski VT 05404. Web site gardeners.com

I paid $19.99 + S&H on sale. Just checked, and unfortunately they no
longer seem to have it listed.

However, Googling "tomato press" came up with quite few URLs,
including http://www.thegadgetsource.com/8001895000665.html
$29.99 plus s&h.

Well worth it, IMHO.

Good luck!

I've got one of those things too. I agree -- works great -- especially
in late August when the plum tomatoes are piling up! Lee Valley sells
the same model. I think it's $20 or $20 as well. I got mine at
Williams-Sonoma when I used to work there. I believe they still carry
it as well -- $25 IIRC.