Old 12-05-2003, 02:12 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Help with pre weeding new lawn

There used to be but it's on the list mow I think. Shame because it workd a
treat. Wonder why they allow smoking but not our little bit of chemical lol

Niel A. Farrow wrote:
: Hi, I've spent many weeks preparing my lawn for reseeding. For the
: last 3 weeks I've left it to settle. I've treated it 3 times with
: glycophosphate based weed killers but today I tackled the patches of
: couch grass which have been undisturbed by the weedkiller. When I
: forked these patches
: there was a dense mass of white roots, and these roots also extend to
: areas of the garden where the couch grass doesn't look to be (on the
: surface).
:
: The garden is 30' x 70' and I'd like to avoid taking the roots out by
: hand (my backs almost recovered from the prepping) and disturbing the
: settled soil, so:
:
: 1. is there a weed killer for couch grass - I've Googled but not found
: any specific brands etc.
:
: 2. am I being too particular - the grass is quite dense but only in
: largish patches. not the whole lawn.
:
: 3. any other prepping advice.
: