Old 12-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Ophelia

Default nettles, OT maybe

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"bigboard" wrote in message
Kate Morgan wrote:
can anyone tell if drying nettle leaves in the microwave makes them

lose
any of their goodness as a herb, or are they better left hung up to

wilt
and dry in their own time.
kate

Putting them in a microwave would have a similar effect to boiling them.
So yes, I would expect a lot of their goodness to be lost by

microwaving.

I think the problem with boiling is that 'goodness' leeches out into the
water which you then throw away. Microwaving should be much better.

I use a dehydrator for preserving food. If you don't have one you could dry
them in a very low oven with the door slightly left open

Ophelia
Scotland