Old 12-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Newbie w/ a Ficus

At 07:52 PM 5/9/2003 +0000, you wrote:

I also wanted to find out the basics of pruning... I'm letting the tree get
acclimated to it's new home and I understand that you shouldn't prune during
the spring, but I'd like to use the "clip and grow" technique that I read
about on the list. When's the best time to start this? What are some good
books on the subject?

Who told you you couldn't prune in the spring? Many bonsai ought to be
pruned in the spring. Ficus can be pruned pretty much any time.

You could buy the Sunset "Bonsai" book, which is good and inexpensive, and,
if you're going to do indoor bonsai, Paul Lesneiwitz's (spelling
approximate; help, somebody)) "Indoor bonsai".

Thanks!

Matt

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: