Old 12-05-2003, 02:21 PM
jane taylor

Default Wild Garlic

On Fri, 9 May 2003 08:14:39 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

~
~"Anthony E Anson" wrote in message
~ The message
~ from (Nick Maclaren) contains these words:
~
~ But they don't migrate. Dig up the parent bulb and you get the bulbules
~ with it.
~
~ Only if you remove a large lump of topsoil, too. If you have ever
~ tried to get rid of bluebells, you will know how hard it is to do.
~
~ I transplanted all the bulbs from a bed last winter (Including some
~ bluebells) and the only ones which escaped my notice were a few
~ kinadoxae and some juvenile grape hyacinth. And it's not as if the soil
~ in my new plot is exactly friable - yet.
~
~Ahaaaaaaaaa I will swap you montbretia for bluebells
~
~O
~
~
SO WILL I!!!!!!
(as long as they are non-scripta!)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!