Old 12-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Ophelia

Default nettles, OT maybe

"Anthony E Anson" wrote in message
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

I use a dehydrator for preserving food. If you don't have one you could

dry
them in a very low oven with the door slightly left open

You can make one by putting calcium chloride crystals in an open
(waterproof!) container, and putting that in a sealed receptacle with
whatever is to be dehydrated.

Lave in a warm place and the calcium chloride will absorb all the

moisture.

It's not very rapid, so chunky things like meat or nourishing cabbage
stalks have to be sliced and laid out so they don't contact each-other
in overlap mode.

This worries me a wee bit. If you are dehydrating meat very slowly in a
warm enviroment you could end up poisioned.

Ophelia