Old 12-05-2003, 04:08 PM
R & L Porter

Default Species Roses

"lms" wrote in message
In article ,

Strange. I'm in zone 5 (Spokane WA) and mine has been thriving for about
12 years now. And we've had some pretty horrific winters here that have
killed some other roses (like Dortmund).

Strange, this is the first hardiness complaint I've ever heard about this
rose, I consider it nails. It's from Kordes of Germany, who's known for
tough roses not least of all. It's not rare for it to get below zero here

but
single digits are regular as the wind and the dust which hits Oklahoma ten
hours after it blows through here.

This is the first time I too have heard a hardiness complaint about
Dortmund. In fact, Cornhill Nursery in zone 4, up here in N.B.
Canada sells it, and they only sell the toughest roses. They do
warn that it will suffer some die-back, but bounce back.
Maybe the rose was suffering other problems and the cold finished
it off.

Laura