Old 12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Rose planting

"Pickle" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know the current school of thought on bud union depth when
planting container-grown roses?
Some sources say above the soil, some level and some below.
I live in Hampshire so our winters are generally pretty mild.
Thanks

Spray with glyphosphate, plant them upside down, then discard after two
weeks. That way you won't have to put up with the thorns, mildew, soot,
fungus, greenfly, blackfly and numerous other sorts of diseases and pests
that roses are prone to, or indeed seem to attract. Neither will you have to
prune or spray them for the aforementioned pests and diseases, or get
scratched by the ungrateful buggers when you do this, and then they die
anyway.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)