Old 12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default Broad Bean Tops

The message
In article , Anthony E Anson
writes:
| The message
| from
(Nick Maclaren) contains these words:
| In article , Tim Tyler wrote:
| Steve Harris wrote:
|
| : The pods are just starting to form on my "The Sutton" plants
so I topped
| : them to deter blackfly. Then I steamed them and they really
are rather
| : nice :-)
|
| Ants seem to like mine. They are busy "milking" them from underneath.
|
| Er, I don't think that he meant that he steamed the blackfly,
| nutritious though they are :-)
|
| Pity. I was so looking forward to steamed blackfly on toast.

Don't let that stop you, and please tell us what they taste like!

They will certainly be a very good source of digestible protein.

I'll find someone growing asparagus. Better class of blackfly.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi