Old 12-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Frogleg

Default pill bugs

On Sun, 11 May 2003 19:54:09 GMT, "Norma Briggs"
wrote:

I wouldn't worry about yours too much unless you have a lot of plant

damage
that can't be attributed to something else, like slugs.

That is what I am trying to figure out, my sage and basil have circular
nibbles right out of the middle of the leaves, and something ate my dill
down to the stem...grrr. However, the parsley, cilantro and chives have not
been touched to date.

Rolly-polly bugs (pill bugs) never seem to bother anything
significantly. I always find them on the bottoms of pots, and I
suppose they crawl inside and do *something*, but they've never
appeared to be a major pest. I've also never seen one above ground
level, so holes in leaves can probably be attributed to another
critter.