Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Brian Watson

Default Indoor tomato advice

"Michael Calwell" wrote in message

FYI, the plants are in my S Facing top floor flat. We don't get much in

the
way of insects, so delicate pollination will have to be administered I

feel.

I planted a couple of old tomato seeds in each of 11 large-ish yogurt pots
with slits in the bases and old growbag soil.

That was in January and, having stood them in a growbag tray in my s-facing
bedroom, they (rather unexpectedly, I admit) started to grow.

To pollinate them I tapped the flowers as they appeared and now I am taking
about a dozen toms off the plants each day (that's an average of 1 tom off
each plant a day, not 11 per plant).

I haven't fed them at all, apart from watering them with rainwater from my
waterbutt.

I am just north of Cambridge, not that that matters as the plants are
indoors.

:-)

--
Brian
"Style advisor to the seasonally-challenged"