Old 12-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Rusty Mase

Default planting mulberry

On Mon, 12 May 2003 15:22:33 -0500, "James Moseley"
wrote:

Mulberry trees are native to Texas. There are also several non-native
varieties many of which do not produce fruit.

Female trees of the native variety produce an excellent fruit. I
found a large one in the woods out by Four Points (Hwy 620) and I
would go out and get the ripe berries for use in pies, etc..

I have a small, native variety (M. microphylla) in my yard but it is
male. There used to be a female "bush" down the street that produced
nice fruit - but it is gone now.

I keep my male mulberry up just so I can go round the mulberry bush at
3 o'clock in the morning if I want to.

Rusty Mase