Old 13-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pond keeps draining!

Any further news about your pond leaking?

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"D. Mahon" wrote in message
om...
I could really use some advice - we bought a house last year that has
a nice litle pond in the back - about 150 gallons, its one of the
plastic prefab ponds but with a nice little stone-and-cement placement
for it, and a waterfall. The problem we're having is that it keeps
draining when the waterfall is running. If the pump isn't on, the
water level stays fairly constant (a bit may evaporate, but none seems
to leak out). But when the pump is pumping and the waterfall is
going, it drains rapidly - if you turn it on in the morning, by night
say 1/3 to 1/2 of the water will be gone! There's no obvious leaks -
I've checked the tubing and as much of the inside of the cementy
waterfall-thing as I can, and there's nothing amiss that I can find.
There's also no evidence of a large amount of water draining into the
yard nearby. I don't knwo where else to check! I don't think that
much water would evaporate that quickly, especially as if you leave it
on overnight, it will drain at the same rate. It also seems to drain
faster if the pump is left on while it rains? Anyway, obviously I'm a
novice at this, so advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.