Old 13-05-2003, 12:32 AM
david

Default chelsea flower show

"..........Take a folding chair to sit on to eat your sandwiches. We ended
up sitting in the curb last time I went :~(........"

Don't bother, if you head for Ranleigh Gardens, Where the bandstand is,
(Cross the avenue with all the trade stands and go up the slope into the
trees, [follow the sound of music] that is with the marquees behind you) you
should have no trouble getting a seat.
I haven't failed to get one there in over 25 years of going to the show,
just go there around mid day, or about 2pm.
As for the show, if you are driving try to get to the car park in Battersea
park by 7am, you can then unwind, have a cup of coffee and something to eat,
(les to carry round with you) then leave for the showground about 7.30 ish
so you are in the queue to get in before it gets to big, that way you have
an hour or so before the place gets to crowded, so try to see the outside
gardens first.
And finally Enjoy yourself.

--
David Hill