Old 13-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Zeuspaul

Default string algae & fry/tadpoles?

My small (+/- 200 gallons) wildlife pond recently
acquired a bunch of babies, either minnow fry
(I have 7 rosy red minnows in the pond, and a
few trapdoor snails) or tadpoles, I'm not sure which.

The pond water is clear for the first time since being
set up (last fall) and a friend said the babies are eating
algae. While repotting one plant (a yellow water
fringe) I found some string algae, pulled it and tossed it.

Should I have left the string algae in for the baby
whatever-they-are?

Gail
San Antonio TX

One of my wildlife ponds was saturated with string algae. Tadpoles wiped
it out completely.

Zeuspaul