Old 13-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Gary Flynn

Default pill bugs

Frogleg wrote:

Rolly-polly bugs (pill bugs) never seem to bother anything
significantly. I always find them on the bottoms of pots, and I
suppose they crawl inside and do *something*, but they've never
appeared to be a major pest. I've also never seen one above ground
level, so holes in leaves can probably be attributed to another
critter.

Just FYI. I read a book on insects and gardens several months ago
written by an entomologist. He wrote that the roly-poly bugs are
actually not insects. They're in the crustacean family. And they
have gills. So next time you have a hankering for shrimp or lobster....

(I have no idea if they're edible)