Old 13-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Onc. Gower Ramsey wrinkled backbulbs?

Ted,

Something does seem to be awry - both from a bulb and bloom perspective.

In my experience, Gower Ramsey responds to lengthening days, not to
day-night temperature swings for blooming, and if you're not seeing
flowering, in order of preference, I'd vote for 1) Not enough sun, 2) not
enough food, or 3) to much nitrogen.

The bulb scenario makes me question the condition of the roots and media.

Can you provide more info about your culture?

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Ted Howard" wrote in message
I've got nice, vigorous growth on my Onc. Gower Ramsey, but only the
currently active bulb looks nice and plump. The active bulb is nice, the
last one gets more wrinkled as the active one grows, and the other bulbs

are
just wrinkled husks. It's been this way for like 5-7 new bulbs now.
Roots grow like crazy. No pests or viruses. The only other sign of
something wrong with my orchid care is no bloom, but the plants doesn't

get
very cool at night, so I'm not surprised.

Is this normal Onc. GRamsey behavior, or do others' have multiple nice

bulbs
on theirs?

--
-Ted