Old 13-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Jonathan Ward

Default Celeraic "stuck"

In article ,
says...

I'm growing celariac for the first time. I started the seeds off on the
window sill (where they did ok) and then transfered them to 3 in pots in the
greenhouse. I know, I probably faff about to much.

Since then, the plants don't seem to have grown much at all for several
weeks. They look perfectly healthy, they just aren't growing. I eased one
out of its pot today and it looks as if the roots are developing, some have
reached the sides of the pot. But the plant itself is still 4 leaves, 2cm
tall.

Is this normal, or what am I doing wrong? I can't plant it out, the S&S here
would use it as a garnish.

====================
www.SeriouslySpicy.com
UK Online Spice Shop

I think that's normal, at least in my experience. I have noticed this year when
I sowed the celeriac a few weeks later than normal, because we were going away,
that they have not caught up as the tomatoe plants did. I see from my diary
that I planted out the celeriac at this time last year and it's certainly not
ready to do so this year.
--
Jonathan Ward
Remove the 'X' when replying