Old 13-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Peter Ashby

Default Hanging Basket brackets onto pebble dash

In article ,
"Brian Watson" wrote:

Level the surface behind the brackets with external filler, then drill and
plug as suggested by others.

If they are rocking now, I'd assume they will eventually fall out.

Well our outside light at the back is attached like this and wobbles
allarmingly. It has been up for quite a long time (well pre our 4 years)
judging both by the look of it and the trouble I had unscrewing the
glass cover recently to change the bulb. Trying to put a lot of twisting
force on a glass tube attached to a wobbly bracket without twisting the
whole thing off the wall was an 'interesting' experience. I was about to
give up when it moved slightly. The threads were liberally waxed prior
to reinstallation.

When the naffness of it eventually annoys me I will replace it, doing it
properly of course.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.