Old 13-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Drakanthus

Default Runner bean grief

On Tuesday evening, after what was a very bright sunny day, I noticed that
the plants each had some light-coloured patches on their leaves, which
looked like bleaching. It was even worse on Wednesday evening. By the
weekend, four of the five plants had completely collapsed and died, and

the
fifth is only just hanging in there.
Andy Clews University of Sussex Computing Service

I think bleaching is a sign of suffering from the cold. It is pushing it a
bit getting runner beans out until the end of the month - particularly in an
exposed location. I've got some in a tub on a South facing drive, but they
are fairly well sheltered from the wind. I'm not putting out the rest of the
plants until the end of the month.
I suggest you wait until then and put some more in - after acclimatising
them first for a week.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)