Old 13-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Sydney

Default Besoms

Charles,

I regularly visit 'Jacks' in Colchester - a very old fashioned hardware and
thingy - me - bob shop.
They are located off a road at the east hill end of the High Street. Yuo
can't miss it - loads of stuff hanging from the gables of the building.

Jacks Famous Supplies Ltd
St. Nicholas St
Colchester Essex
CO1 1LB

Tel: 01206 572581

http://www.multimap.com/clients/gif....height=300&ico
n=dot&pc=CO11LB&scale=25000&panx=0&pany=0

Last time I visited (4 weeks ago) - they were selling these (had one hanging
up outside).

Hope this helps

Sydney

"Charles Thorpe" wrote in message
Hi all,

This might sound a daft question, but where can I buy a besom? You know,

the
traditional witches broom stick, a broom handle with long twigs fastened

on
the end. My old one has disintegrated and I find they are the best thing
for sweeping muck of the lawn and flags.

I'm near Ipswich in Suffolk, tried a couple of garden centres and
ironmongers but just got looks that said "what a strange chap"!

TIA
--
Regards,
Charles