Old 13-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Goose

Default advice needed for a beginner gardener

hello!

we just moved to a house that has a small front and back yard.

i have never grown anything before in my life and am now trying to
grow some vegetables.

i bought a pack of carrot seeds. some of the jargon really confuse me.

at the back of the packet it states, "when seedlings have 3 leaves,
thin to stand 2 inches apart". the term "thin"...does that mean that i
have to slowly pull the seedlings from the earth and then transplant
them to another part?

then the instructions continued,"plant every 3 weeks until two months
before the season's end." what does this mean? does it mean that i
divide the seeds into three ways and grow each part every three weeks?
or something else?

can i grow them in containers?

any advise is gratefully appreciated. layman terms please.

-goosy