Old 13-05-2003, 05:44 PM
David J. Bockman

Default Burning Bush - invasive?

To my knowledge it is not on the invasice species list, not have I seen it
take over planting areas. This is Eunymous Alatus compacta.

Dave

wrote in message
I was thinking that a spot in my yard would be just right for a dwarf
burning bush, right by my yellow garden shed. That would look pretty
nice in the fall.

However, I've been hearing that Euonymus Alatus, aka winged euonymus
aka burning bush, is an invasive species in the mid-Atlantic! Trying
to get good information is sometimes difficult, most of what I read
about the plant is positive, and they are in yards and landscapes all
over the area, so I thought I'd post the question here.

What's the scoop? Is it a bad idea to plant a burning bush in South
Jersey?

Swyck