Old 13-05-2003, 06:08 PM
~ jan

Default Newbie water chemistry testing

I like test strips for a quick look.... but one thing I noticed with the 2
brands I used, is when they hit that expiration date they are truly
expired. I would suggest to double test them with a liquid test kit as one
approaches that date. ~ jan

On Thu, 08 May 2003 14:07:28 GMT, wrote:

somebody on rec.gf posted this.
"Okay people, since I'm the only one here with way too much time to do nothing,
I've done a little homework for all of us lazy persons who are tired of little
test tubes and timers and exact drops.

I've FOUND THE TEST STRIPS!!! for almost everything, including prices and
sites..Ready??

The sites I've checked are easy to find, but I've been looking for a few hours,
and the most complete site with strips for almost everything (and the lowest
prices for more strips) is

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/tstkts.htm

I've checked the Hach and LaMotte sites, LaMotte has no test strips, and Hach
has limited tests, which are twice the $.

Also, check petgeneral.com they have varied tests also.

Hope this helps!
Deanna, the bored"

"J. Douglas Mercer" wrote:

What's the most "cost-effective" way to test water chemistry in a pond?
(pH, nitrates, ...)
I've had aquaria for many years, and am familiar with the "color-based"
tests.
My pond water is not color-less, so, I'm unsure of the results.

Doug
.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/