Old 13-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] More Serissa questions

Derek:

Don't be so harsh on your self....it soundsa like you have an
inferiority complex from owning a Serissa! These IHSC member's bark is
worse than their bite! :-) Most of them have their tongue firmly
planted in their cheeks! :-D

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Derek Zieminski wrote:

Dimitris

I am glad to have you as another fan of the Serissa, as this list more than
knows I am. Through my experience with them, a few yellow leaves here and
there is no big deal and nothing to worry about. As long as there is still
growth as you say, you done have any worries. As far as my opinion on a good
beginner tree I would say the one you have. My beginner was a Serissa,
although I too am still a beginner with about four years under my belt I
still find it as a very enjoyable learning tool. Now im sure everyone on the
list will disagree as always, but I expect that. So I will also recommend
you try a tree from the Ficus family, whether it be a Retusa or a Green
Island. They are a tropical and will pretty much take and recover from mass
abuse and neglect which makes them a good tree for learning. I want to
commend you on posting about Serissa, this is very harsh territory on this
list, although I enjoy it!!

Derek Zieminski
Summerville, SC
Zone 8A