Old 13-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Unique Too

Default black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp

Roger writes:

I think "Theo's plan" is what I need, in addition to the advice- -That
is Shovel pruning.

I don't know why I keep sickly specimines and try to revive them. It
would be cheaper to just dig them up and replace them.

Don't feel too badly, most of us started out the same way. One is always
certain wilth a little extra special care, that rose will become something
worth keeping. And on rare occasions it happens. More often than not, we
spend lots of time and money on a plant that will never be wonderful.
The time one starts shovel pruning is normally when one runs out of space in
the garden and finds another rose he/she can't live wothout. The first one or
two is rather hard, sort of like banning a child. That's why I gave away most
of the first ones I couldn't stand any longer. Now, it's much easier. I don't
have time or space for poor roses in my garden.

Julie