Old 13-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Theo Asir

Default In Praise of Harkness

Marjorie Fair and Penny Lane. But I see Rosemary Harkness is out of
Compassion and that Compassion has New Dawn ancestrage, as does Penny
Lane. And Both Marjorie Fair and Escapade are out of Baby Faurax. Ena

Boy! Escapade does have an 'incestous' lineage.
Esp. on the Pink Parfait side.

The New Dawn thing is not comprehensive by any means.
But it is an USP. A long line of plants with new dawn charecteristics.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

was bred by an amateur, Norman, and introduced by Harkness, so it's its
own thing (Crimson Glory and the same scent!).

I can't wait to replace Escapade. Mine either isn't a good plant or it
isn't happy here.