Old 13-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default greenfly

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

Sometimes real life contradicts physics theory :-).I have a
collection of those clear solid glass spheres with a few air bubbles
inside the glass. When we moved here I set them on a sunny south
windowsill, until I found that when the sun shines through the window
and through the glass balls, there's a focussed hotspot; hot enough that
you wouldn't want to keep your hand there for long.

But the refractive index of glass is much higher than that of water.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi