Old 13-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Help! Spidey question

On Sun, 11 May 2003 22:44:10 +0000 (UTC),
(Stacia) wrote:

I unearthed a spider living, apparently, in the dirt.
I'm terrified of spiders
What can I do to kill the stupid things?

You could stomp on him/her. You could cultivate the thought that
spiders are (mostly) garden friends. This advice butters no parsnips
with my neighbor who's terrified of small garden snakes, however. It
will also be no comfort to know there are spiders everywhere, and the
one you uncovered probably has heaps of friends and relatives in the
neighborhood. Wear gloves and shoes. Carry a trowel for smashing.
Learn to ID the toxic varieties. My particular bete noir is cockroach.
I'd rather find a spider any day.