Old 13-05-2003, 11:20 PM
joe

Default Raising Worms for fish food

Sue Alexandre wrote:

I have the Rubbermaid bin, peat moss,
and corn meal, and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Has anyone here
ever done that, and if so, any tips or suggestions or advice you can offer?

I've been doing this for years, mostly to compost kitchen waste, but the
worm castings also make awesome planting mix. The liquid given off is also
terrific fertilizer. I believe "The Rodale Guide to Composting" has an
entire chapter on the subject..

You can put lots of stuff into your bin except meat and cooked products. We
put in egg shells, coffee grounds ( and the paper filter) and of course, all
vegetable matter.

Joe