Old 13-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Gregory Young

Default Fish not eating and staying in the same spot

To give an accurate answer to your question, one would need to know a few
more facts/observations:
Are they located near the surface/bottom?
You said they appear healthy, but:
Are their fins clamped/fully extended?
Do they appear to be "gasping"/breathing in an unusual/rapid fashion?
Has their color changed (ie blanching)?
Are they staying in an area where there is more aeration (ie near
stream/fountain/airstone, etc)?
What are your water quality parameters (pH, ammonia, nitrites, temperature,
dissolved oxygen)?
Let us know..
Happy ponding,
Greg

"Tom O Chianti" wrote in message
About a week ago all of my fish stopped swimming around in the pond and

have
stopped taking food. They all appear healthy but are staying in the same
spot. I thought it might be a heron that frightened them but I have been
watching and have seen none. any suggestions.

Tom