Old 14-05-2003, 01:08 AM
animaux

Default Compost tea

On Tue, 13 May 2003 16:42:23 -0700, Tom Jaszewski wrote:

In a 75 gallon drum you would need a very good air source AND a pump
to extract and grow the biota. Why not build a 5 gallon brewer and
produce high quality CT? At a rate of 25 gallons/ acre (a high rate) 5
gallons goes a long way. I have a 500, 100, 22 and 5 gallon. In a 5
gallon a cup of good vermicompost and some simple ingredients will
make aerobic tea in 24 hours. If you email me I'll provide
instructions for a 5 gallon like the one sold by www.alaskagiant.com

Cheese cloth is not a good idea. The fungi and bacteria will get hung
up on the fibers.

I will email you. Actually, I did think the cheese cloth would do that, which
is why I asked. The pump and air stone I have doesn't look like it will be any
good for a 75 gallon.

Five gallons is definitely better. I have as much bat guano as I want from
under their bridge. Does it matter if it's relatively fresh? I also have
finished compost.

I'll email.