Old 14-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Dwayne

Default Butternut Squash

Have you tried growing sweet potatoes on your own? It is a challenge and
rewarding when you dig them up and find that you have suceeded. I still
have some and some butternut squash from last fall in my storage room.

I grow both on raised rows. Easier to keep watered, weeded, and they dont
suffer from too much moisture.

Dwayne

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Nick wrote in message
Actually, I don't like them all that much, anyway - too sweet,
slippery and sickly - I much prefer hubbards.

I think Sacha and Ray are rather nice too. :-)

The same thing goes
for the orange versus white sweet potatoes, but you can't get the
latter around here any more :-(

Oh! Real sweet potatoes (and fried plantain) takes me back!!! I can almost
hear the Reggae band and smell that smoke. :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.