Old 14-05-2003, 05:08 AM
bern

Default unknown fish

"anon" no spam wrote in message ...
I started in my small pond with 4 goldfish ( just the basic .25 cent
variety). Now I have 6 goldfish and 1 oddball that is the same size and
shape as the other small goldfish but it is a different color. It is a
murky brown/ black with a little light orange down its back.

It is probably close to the "original" color of the goldfish before it
was bred to have such a bright color. Intensely inbred animals do
occasionally demonatrate such a "throwback". I got my goldfish
(comets) about 15 years ago. I have had many, many babies over the
years, and have kept the most interesting ones, and have sold the rest
to the local pet shop as feeders. I always keep a few of the "natural
color" fish around for the genetic diversity. At any rate, I have been
getting some very fancy finnage, as well as lots of ordinary looking
goldfish. This goldfish line has evolved into an ancillary to my pond
hobby.