Old 14-05-2003, 05:08 AM

Default 180g planted predator tank

hi
I want to create a very natural tank for my 12" Serrasalmus rhombeus
and over 100 tropical south american fish.

what I have to work with is:
180 gallon glass aquarium
14' 25w heater cable.
300w heater.
100 pounds of quartz.
3-5 gallon buckets of flourite.
2 metal halide pendants. 2-175w 15k.

the tank will be open top. with a few inch layer of water sprite
across the surface to help cut down on the brightness.

my question is...what would be the best plants to use? I know I would
like some plants that grow out of the tank that will flower and would
also like to grow some bamboo.
I am just unsure of what would work best. the piranha is fairly active
but is great at negotiating his/her surroundings.

and lastly is there anything else I should have included in the setup?

thanks!
bob