Old 14-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Di

Default What animal digs small holes in lawn??

It is difficult to judge the size but frogs dig holes as well as rabbits is
this a poissibility? is there a pond near by?

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.218...
"al" wrote in news:K_5va.815$KY6.626@news-
binary.blueyonder.co.uk:

No fur at all, but I have found two areas that look disturbed where an
animal could crawl though. I've posted some pics at this address:

http://www.alanirl.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

That definitely looks like rabbit. I don't think a badger would get
through those gaps without leaving fur and probably having to move some of
the soil too. If rabbit, it's a wild one, not a domestic escapee, because
the holes are so small.

I suggest a close inspection of all the fences, and apply chicken wire to
any gaps underneath. Bend the wire outwards, as someone has suggested.

If you can, enclose the garden, rather than looking for plants that

rabbits
don't like. Rabbits will eat almost anything when they are hungry enough,
and are very adaptable to new food sources!

Victoria