Old 14-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Annaid

Default What's clipping tops off my tulips?

"mmarteen" wrote in message
Why and how would a squirrell lop off a tulip
with a perfect diagnal or straight cut? Wouldn't there be teeth marks or
wouldn't the bloom be crushed?

Nope. When I caught the squirrles doing it to my tulips, the critters
snipped the tops right off, just under the blooms.

D~

mm

"Audrey Copperwheat" wrote in message
rosemarie face wrote:

I bet it's rabbits ! They eat my tulips all the time . Now they

started
on my daylilies and the bachelor's buttons . It's driving me nuts ...
but there's nothing I can do .
Good luck !
Rosie z5

These aren't being eaten! they're just having the about-to-open tulip
buds chopped off and left lying on the ground.

Plus, I've always attributed clean diagonal cuts to rabbits. None of
these cuts has been diagonal. And none of my other types of flowers has
ever been bothered. [Geez... am I gonna *pay* for saying that? %-]