Old 14-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Justin Thyme

Default Dividing new bamboo plant

I have one that I split but I also used the severed rhizomes as 3 node
root cuttings, I had 15 grow out of 16 but they are slower to produce
full sized plants. I did this so that I could trade them through the
post.

Bel

That sounds really interesting. Do you have any special tips or do you have
a link to a website that gives more detail? I just started collecting
bamboos about 18 months ago and certainly would be interested eventually in
trading a few to increase the variety in the collection. Do you just trade
with close friends or is there some kind of network?