Old 14-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Helena

Default How do I get rid of ants?

"Flossie" wrote
snip
*$#(@! ants! Seems like we live on one massive anthill here in W.A. They're
everywhere. The only thing I've found to work is "Amdro". Very expensive but
it works. I had new paving put down and within a week the blasted things
were busy excavating underneath. The guy who did the paving said use Amdro,
nothing else. It worked a wonder. I've bought everything else, $8 here, $12
there, but it's all useless. Waste of money. With Amdro you can watch them
grab the stuff and take it to their nests. Everything else they seem to toss
aside. Don't know if this will hurt the plants. Perhaps spread the Amdro,
then wait til they're gone. I would think that as long as you're not
planting something you're going to eat, it should be okay.

Good luck.

BUT... my question is this... how do I get rid of the ants?? If I

sprinkle
ant dust in the dirt will this hurt the bulbs I intend to plant??? Also,
will the ant dust be affected by watering??

Im really wanting to get started on the garden bed ASAP so I am really
hoping someone has some experience with a similar problem.

ALL advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Flossie (south west WA)