Old 14-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Annabel

Default Dividing new bamboo plant

"Justin Thyme" wrote in message

I have one that I split but I also used the severed rhizomes as 3

node
root cuttings, I had 15 grow out of 16 but they are slower to

produce
full sized plants. I did this so that I could trade them through the
post.

Bel

That sounds really interesting. Do you have any special tips or do

you have
a link to a website that gives more detail? I just started collecting
bamboos about 18 months ago and certainly would be interested

eventually in
trading a few to increase the variety in the collection. Do you just

trade
with close friends or is there some kind of network?

I have been to my favourites and unbelievably all of the links I had are
now dead, I have also done searches but did not come up with anything
much good.. The general recommendation for rhizome cuttings however is
that they are 8" to 12" long laid horizontally, mine were about 4"
planted vertically.

I hope this is of some help.

Annabel