Old 14-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default blue flowering perennial melon tree

In article . 10,
Victoria Clare wrote:
(Nick Maclaren) wrote in
:

In article . 10,
Victoria Clare writes:

| Leaves up to 6 inches long and bears 3/4-inch, bright blue flowers
| and oval, 5-inch, purple-striped yellow fruit, with a fine melon
| fragrance and flavor.
|
| So, what do you think? And greenhouse, or warm windowsill?

Just HOW big are your windowsills?

Does it grow that big then?

http://www.banana-tree.com/ said 3 feet - a bit big for the sill, perhaps,
but we have french windows, and several places with low sills where a plant
could stand on the floor in a big pot and still look out of the window.

I assumed as it was being sold as a pot plant that it wasn't likely to
reach triffid proportions (thinking on, that was a foolish assumption - all
sorts of vast things come as pot plants!)

3' high is a bit surprising for 5" fruit - think structural engineering!
My guess is that it would be tree tomato size - just about possible to
keep down to pot plant size, but not small. I will see if it is in any
of my books.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.