Old 14-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Rod

Default Blue Poppy Seeds

"Chris Rowe" wrote in message ...
Iv'e got a meconopsis betonicifolia,which until a few minuites ago was
complete with one open flower and a couple of buds on the same stem,that is
until a strong gust of wind snapped the stem completely off(sob sob)
My question is,will I be able to harvest some seeds from the flower when it
dies off( at present it's in a vase of water) or have I lost it
completely,as I was hoping to grow some new plants from it as Iv'e been told
that they'e not reliably perenial
TIA Chris

No - but don't worry about it. Send me your snail mail address and I'll send you all the seeds you need towards the end
of the summer. I have M.betonicifolia, M. grandis and M x sheldonii though as they hybridise freely I suggest you don't
take the names of the grandis and sheldonii as gospel - just call 'em big blue ones.

Anybody else is welcome. White 'candelabra' prims as well.

Rod