Old 14-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Honey bees nesting in garden

--

"Pickle" wrote in message
m...
"s guy" wrote in message

It seems like we have some honey bees nesting in our garden. They have

made
a little hole in the soil and are going in and out quite frequently. Are
they OK to keep where they are as we have 2 small children
Thanks for your help
Suzi

They're probably mason bees, which look a bit like slightly furry
honey bees. They are very docile and will only sting if you grab hold
of one.

They can't sting either.

I have a mason bee "house" (a tin full of little cardboard
tubes) and enjoy watching them doing their thing. They are also much
more efficient pollinators than honey bees

Huh?

Mary

- good if you have fruit
trees. Encourage and enjoy them!