Old 15-05-2003, 12:20 AM
RichToyBox

Default lowering PH/Alkaline

You did not say how high your pH is, but the ponds can have pH up to 9 with
no bad effect on the fish. I don't worry about pH, I control my KH
(carbonate hardness) which stabilizes my pH. If you use baking soda to
raise the KH then your pH should be rock solid and somewhere close to 8.3 or
8.4. Getting a pH of around 7 usually results in a pond with little or no
KH and then you get a pH crash that can kill fish.
--
RichToyBox

"*muffin*" wrote in message
figures,, AFTER I get home from water pond store, I test my water & find

it
is very high in PH/ alkaline.

calling around the stuff they make for ponds , is about $14. per pint & I
would need 4 of them for a 3000 gal pond, ( yes??)(was told they treat 800
gal).

anyway.......can I use the regular swimming POOL chemicals in my pond???
first off I have NO fish or plants in yet ( just filled it ).
if , so how long before it would be safe to put fish in?
or is there a cheaper alternative????