Old 15-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Rog

Default Runner Beans

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message
I sowed runner beans and peas (saved from last year) straight into the
ground at Easter. The peas came through very quickly but it looked as

though
the runner beans had failed.

The second week of May (now) is the usual time for sowing, the soil has had
a chance to warm up, and hopefully they will push their heads above the
ground after the last frost.

--
Rog
http://www.geocities.com/rogerscyberhome/bean.html

Fortunately we had some seed left so grew more
on in pots in the greenhouse. It turned out that I was just too

impatient -
the beans in the ground have finally come through and are growing well.

So what to do with all the plants in pots? There is no gapping up needed

in
the veg plot so we wondered if we could grow the extra ones on in growbags
in the greenhouse. If it works then we would presumably get an earlier

crop
but will the growbags be deep enough?

Jeanne Stockdale