Old 15-05-2003, 12:44 AM
EEng

Default agriculture enviromental data acquisition

On 14 May 2003 07:39:08 -0700, (Mario) wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a meteorological data acquisition station, a data
recorder and transmiter to be positioned in different remote areas of
the agriculture fields.

I need to measure parameters such as: temperature, humidity, pressure,
rain fall, solar light, co2, and if possible any other related
parameters to agriculture and environment.

This data will be transmitted with a solar powered mobile phone to the
central PC for data collecting and analysis or it can also be hand
downloaded in each remote station with a data logger.

Please tell me if you know any companies that make similar devices.

Thanks,

Mario

Years ago I designed a similar system for the Japanese Dept. of
Agriculture with the added feature that each station could be remotely
programmed for priority readings, and instead of a mobile phone, each
station had its own VHF transmitter. Client privilege dictates I
cannot give out that design, however you might find helpful links on
other agricultural sites, especially "automated greenhouses" wink