Old 15-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Ann

Default Would you buy these transgenic plants?

"Sue & Bob Hobden" expounded:

I would be interested BUT only if these plants were also made sterile, as
all GM plants should be. (yes it precludes any fruiting plants)
Sweetcorn has to be the most dangerous plant to try GM on and is an
indication of the stupidity of the scientists/bean counters involved.
With sterility there is no chance of a cross escaping into the real world.
The thought that it may be my plant that contaminates the world is
horrendous.

I received a link to a newsletter about organic foods and all related
subjects: http://www.organicconsumers.org/organicbytes.htm . I
printed out each one and am reading them now. Scary stuff.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA