Old 15-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Bottom Drains and Vortexes

I rigged up a DIY diffuser, using the wife's old dish. It makes a huge
difference in how much junk gets cleaned off the bottom of your pond!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
newsaAwa.600983$Zo.131132@sccrnsc03...
BV,

The diffuser makes the water pull along the bottom, rather than coming
straight down to the bottom drain. With a diffuser the area of the pond
cleaned is much larger. I don't use a diffuser and feel that my bottom
drain does an excellent job, but it supposedly would be even better with
diffuser.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote

in
message ...
I have a BD installed but I did not install the diffuser yet, so I have

just
a raw pipe sticking up. I do not see any evidence of a vortex being

created
in the water. Is it possible that the combination of 4'' pipe and size

of
my
pipe negates my need for a diffuser?

--